Tuesday, 23 June 2020

weekly contribution- Hong Kong protests

Here is an interesting article describing Hong Kong a year after the mass protests that occurred in response to an extradition bill which would mean less democracy for Hong Kong. The article covers a lot of the main themes we have looked at in the course such as regime change and conflict, protesting, transitions from democracy where we can see these things happening in the world right now.
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/game-hong-kong-year-protest-200615104936779.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ella. Thank you for sharing the interesting article. I have read it and I want to share my thoughts. I agree that the national security law of Hong Kong is still not enough to push the "game" to an end, but it shows the confidence from the Central Government of China to the Hong Kong society in dealing with the protest and other issues.Violent demonstrations and improper protests will be further suppressed. This is not aimed at making Hong Kong less democratic, but at restoring order to lives in Hong Kong and ensuring the interests of more people.

    ReplyDelete