Friday, 21 May 2010

A Thai protests timeline

Would people be interested in collaboratively creating a timeline of the events in Thailand? This would be useful for the lectures next week, especially to trace cascades of protest, moments of repression, negotiation, etc.

I've collected news articles over the last couple of years here, which can be used for this purpose. Using these articles, I've started a timeline here; anyone can edit it by clicking that link. (The actual timeline should be viewable here, or by clicking on the "Gadget1" tab in the Google spreadsheet - the later method may work better). If you add something, let me know in the comments so I can give you credit as a contribution.

I will try to add more things myself over time, but I don't think I can create a comprehensive timeline without your help.

2 comments:

  1. I added two for April 8 and 10. It doesn't seem to be working on the timeline part though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tamsin - fixed the problem (an extra blank line).

    ReplyDelete