Thursday, 26 March 2015

Democrats - an interesting upcoming documentary?

I was scrolling through the upcoming films at the Tribeca Film festival and came across this film, which I thought was appropriate for the course: https://tribecafilm.com/filmguide/democrats-2015.

The blurb states the documentary is focused around  Robert Mugabe's presidential win in 2008 where the country moves away from being an authoritarian state and takes its first steps towards democracy.

Interestingly the documentary is from Denmark but filmed in Zimbabwe.

Could be a film to look out for later in the year?
Found the trailer here: http://www.oneworld.cz/2015/films-a-z/28531-democrats

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Natasha! Sounds like an interesting documentary. (Though it's hard to say that Zimbabwe is moving towards democracy much these days....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natasha yes it does sound good.

    I was in southern Africa and I had the chance to see the difference between European political culture and the southern African way of thinking and I was impressed. Now I went to Zambia and I know some people from Tanzania and my family lives in South Africa, so I just know about Zimbabwe from what is on in the News, but still you have to say, even for southern African circumstances Zimbabwe is a very special case and I would love to see that documentary.

    ReplyDelete