Hi all,
I have now made available a Blackboard “test” where you can enter the results of your research. The due date is 22 May. Click on the link that says “Data Entry for Regime Classification Exercise” on the left-hand menu to begin, but check your country assignment (see previous post) before starting.
The “test” (really a data-entry form) can be saved and resumed at a different date. If you submit it by mistake before you are done, please let me know and I will reset it for you. It consists of the multiple-choice questions of the winning proposal, plus a couple of questions on corruption I added, and space to justify your answers. I have lightly edited the questions in the winning proposal to clear some problems and prevent what I thought was unnecessary duplication, but I have not tried to “fix” the proposal thoroughly.
The justification of your answers is the most important part of the exercise; treat it like a short essay. You should explain here in some detail why you chose a particular period of time around your reference year, why you answered the multiple choice questions concerning political rights, civil liberties, and corruption as you did, and what sources and evidence you used in your work.
Remember that, though your work will be assessed individually, you are collaborating in producing a larger-scale dataset about regime characteristics; the more careful your work, the better the final collective product will be, and the better our final answer to the research question concerning corruption and political regimes. Please let me know if you run into trouble or are confused about any aspect of this research!
More information about how to conduct your country research will be available in next week or so.
Best,
Xavier
No comments:
Post a Comment