As some of you feared, I have decided to override the democratic process (which was favouring group 6’s proposal, from Tuesday 3-4pm) in the name of the greater class good, and have decided to select the proposal by group 1 from Wednesday 1-2pm as the basis for our classification system. Congratulations to group 1 for achieving this (dubious) honor!
Voting had been too based on group identity (i.e., there was too much polarization by tutorial identity), leaving no one with a clear majority; and I’m afraid group 6’s proposal would have proven difficult to use and resulted in too many missing answers. No proposal is perfect, but group 1’s proposal seems relatively straightforward to use and did not require excessive research. Unfortunately, since this is a coup d’état, some class points will have to be taken off. But there is hope yet! Mount a convincing response, and points will be restored!
You can enter data for your countries by logging on to Blackboard and looking for the link to “Data Entry for Regime Classification Exercise.” I will add a short video to explain how to use the form; but it should be relatively self-explanatory.
No comments:
Post a Comment