A blog for POLS 209, Dictatorships and Revolutions, at Victoria University of Wellington. A place for students to talk and think about political pathologies all over the world. This is our other blog - see also here
Disney actually has quite a history of propaganda in their clips, especially during WWI and WWII. Quite a few of their clips have been banned because they were considered offensive. Just youtube them all!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASW3UCc17AI is a good example . Disney seems to especially make a point of making fun of Nazis and Japanese.
I'm not sure I get your point Books Not Bombs. Are you somehow saying that because its in German it's Nazi propaganda? That sounds like a fairly racist thing to say...
To Nicole,
Yes that's very true; incredibly ironic too given that Walt Disney himself was a raging anti-Semite, with quite open pro-Nazi beliefs, at least throughout the 30s anyway.
Ben haha I know you posted this! After you explained to me about the marching at the end I understand, but it stil isn't reli nazi haha. I mean anything that is translated into german can be called nazi then!?
Yes I agree. The german language is inherently Nazi. Schnappi the crocodile has recently been outed as neo-nazi propoganda see here > www.schnappiconspiracies.net/index.php
Also, Howard I trust you are not referring to me? I have no memories of a post or conversation regarding Nazism in d(apparently it should be a capital letter for D in disney, thanks Matthew Vink and Emily Alston)isney movies. In fact who are you?
This phenomenon is not only in Walt Disney characters. If you take a look in Belgium animated cartoon "Tintin" from Herge in the 30's, that author was pretty racist. The Belgium government had to remake all "Tintin"comic books in the 50's and 60's to make them not racist.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDisney actually has quite a history of propaganda in their clips, especially during WWI and WWII. Quite a few of their clips have been banned because they were considered offensive. Just youtube them all!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASW3UCc17AI is a good example . Disney seems to especially make a point of making fun of Nazis and Japanese.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I get your point Books Not Bombs. Are you somehow saying that because its in German it's Nazi propaganda? That sounds like a fairly racist thing to say...
ReplyDeleteTo Nicole,
Yes that's very true; incredibly ironic too given that Walt Disney himself was a raging anti-Semite, with quite open pro-Nazi beliefs, at least throughout the 30s anyway.
I couldn't understand it, it was in german? I don't get it? Because it is in german it's nazi?? explanation please?
ReplyDeleteclick on the video to the right that says subtitles
ReplyDeleteBen haha I know you posted this! After you explained to me about the marching at the end I understand, but it stil isn't reli nazi haha. I mean anything that is translated into german can be called nazi then!?
ReplyDeleteYes I agree. The german language is inherently Nazi. Schnappi the crocodile has recently been outed as neo-nazi propoganda see here > www.schnappiconspiracies.net/index.php
ReplyDeleteAlso, Howard I trust you are not referring to me? I have no memories of a post or conversation regarding Nazism in d(apparently it should be a capital letter for D in disney, thanks Matthew Vink and Emily Alston)isney movies. In fact who are you?
ReplyDeleteThis phenomenon is not only in Walt Disney characters. If you take a look in Belgium animated cartoon "Tintin" from Herge in the 30's, that author was pretty racist. The Belgium government had to remake all "Tintin"comic books in the 50's and 60's to make them not racist.
ReplyDelete