Okay, since all the papers in the world are currently summing up Obama's first 100 days in office, I thought I'd post the conspiracy theory of the century that I read a while back. Apparently, Obama wants to create this civilian "security force" to defend the country from internal threats and whatnot. Sooo, some admittedly very questionable sources (Big shock!) have been going on about how Obama's building this army similar to Hitler's brown shirts. No, true, I'm not kidding. Read this. You should also have a look at the picture at the end of this Youtube clip. I don't know if I should laugh my a** off or take them seriously, but the non-existent media coverage of this bill, which will cost a whole lotta tax payers' money, does make me wonder. But, then again, I do love a good conspiracy theory (don't you?).
So, just for the fun of it: Is Obama building a secret fascist army? Yes?, no? I know you're laughing right now (heck, even I'm laughing), but just seriously consider it for a moment. Scary thought, eh?
This does sound quite drastic, especially when in that article it talks about how they would "triple the size of Americorps from 75,000 members to 250,000, and if we- if those 75,000 Americorps members are currently engaging 2.2 million volunteers..." and on it goes. And then how they deleted the part from his speech where he mentioned this civilian security force... I would generally support Obama, but I don't understand what he is trying to do here.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. Even though the goal might not be to build an "Obama Youth", it does however raise the question of a hidden agenda of some sort. With such a massive mobilisation of civilians one can wonder whether it is just to instill a sense of patriotism in youth and to protect the country from whatever it is he considers a threat. But, I just need to remind people that very few of the claims made about this new "give act" come from reliable sources. The lack of serious media coverage on this topic gives all types of paranoid people the opportunity to claim anything about anything. Sort through the claims carefully!
ReplyDeleteI think this kind of speech have been made to make Americans be more conscious with politics. If we take a look in the average of people who attempt elections in the US, there is only 50% of population. So this kind of "civilian guard" will make people more interested in politics and in domestic issues. People will care more aout the other. Maybe it will be the end of individualism.
ReplyDelete