Friday, 3 April 2009

OT: Blog formatting

Anyone else find the blog formatting annoying?

I know that if I write upwards of 150 words, it starts looking like a doctoral thesis. Not sure if it's the way the width of the posts are constrained, or the size of the font, or what.
Also unsure if it can be changed or what the solution would be - all I know is that every time I post a (what seems to me) normal, reasonable post, it looks ginormous (and certainly wouldn't make me want to read it).

Thoughts/comments/suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Really? I think most things look fine if you put lines between paragraphs and link appropriately. Short blog posts are usually easier to read, but short anything is! I can try to fiddle with the layout template and see what comes out. (Warning: MAY DESTROY BLOG!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like it! And will adopt a conservative approach of, it if aint that badly broke don't try to fix it as you may break it further :O. I just try to write to a length that I feel I would be inclined to read. The trick is that if you have a lot of points to make, split them up into separate posts, possibly more work for Xavier but it is easier to read that way.

    Keep up the good work anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing to do is leave a line between each paragraph. A long post isn't a bad thing, but a wall of text certainly bends the mind.

    ReplyDelete