This weeks lecture which touched on monarchies made me want to look a bit deeper into the concept and the varying roles they have based on their level of power and how they execute this. I came across the source I linked below which talks about multiple aspects of different monarchies in the world touching on things like the role of democracy and human rights in addition to this - implying the issues with these existing in countries with monarchies whose power is evidently shown in terms of governing. The article definitely takes more of a an American view on the idea of democracy and monarchy which obviously leaves a bit of bias. Anyway I found it to be an interesting read, definitely focuses more so on specific situations regarding monarchies and their level of influence but overall a good source to look over.
Source: https://www.cfr.org/article/democracy-promotion-and-monarchies
No comments:
Post a Comment